Classic Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
A classic comfort food made by the Pillsbury dough boy himself
- 1 box of refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare pie crust as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-Quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion: cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in both broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excess browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.